Bright Pattern makes software that helps make the communication between businesses and their customers more enjoyable and efficient. We help people to communicate with businesses over phone, SMS, email, web chat, video and a number of messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger. We help businesses to organize the people, automate frequent responses and stay in context of the customer inquiries from contact to contact, irrespective of the contact channel.
Our software is provided over the Internet as a service. Our software is handling millions of our customers’ conversations every month, so the individual impact of each of our employees’ contribution is huge.
As a Director of Cloud Operations your goal will be to ensure maximum availability and performance of the software in operation.
Your daily work will include design and maintenance of the operations infrastructure in data centers (bare metal, AWS, Azure), tracking available capacity, proposing and materializing expansion plans.
As a part of it you will have to:
- Maintain and improve operational procedures on failure management, monitoring, preventative maintenance, expansions and upgrades;
- Manage expansion, provisioning of additional servers, perform pilot deployments in new environments (AWS, Azure, across geographic regions);
- Manage day-to-day operations of the services maintaining continuous availability;
- Manage security compliance and auditing;
- Ensure proper monitoring of the solution (servers, network, VoIP, databases).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience managing a 24×7 team of highly competent engineers
- Practical experience of running scalable cloud applications (ideally both from virtualized cloud and physical datacenter)
- Good grasp of potential performance and reliability issues
- Track record of running lean and efficient operations
- Familiarity (and affection) with Unix
- Familiarity with Configuration Management Systems (chef, puppet, ansible)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Familiarity with SIP protocol
- Experience with VoIP as technology in general
- Familiarity with MySQL and Mongo DB – the more you know, the better.
- This position requires a combination of both excellent technical and management skills. You have to be able to pick the right approach, plan and then follow through the execution – by communicating, convincing, leading. Ideally you would be able to do a superior job yourself, as well as effectively coach and delegate any tasks, so the other engineers can do equally great work.
A few words about the software we’ve developed, and are now running:
- Fault tolerant
- Runs on bare metal as well as in virtualized environments
- Runs in 24 x 7 environment and is upgradeable without downtime
- 3 (4) levels of data protection
- Carries mission-critical voice traffic
- Works with mobile apps
- Integrates with major SaaS providers (Salesforce, Zendesk etc)
- Highest hardware/user density in the industry
- Disaster recovery support (primary/backup, active-active)
- Whole system can run on a laptop, if needed (surely you’ll need 2 for redundancy)
BrightPattern is at the phase when we have the product and it is competitive and it works and we are beginning to scale. Several large companies use our software to provide white label service and they look at us to provide guidance on best practices. Interested? Sign up!