Bright Pattern is …
a global provider of cloud-based contact center software that helps businesses to organize work, automate frequent responses, and stay in context of the customer inquiries from contact to contact, irrespective of the contact channel.
You are …
a writer with a passion for hands-on research. You love diving headfirst into complex projects and then being able to explain them to anyone effortlessly.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Technical Writer.
You will learn how to use our product and write all about it. Additionally, you work closely with our product management, engineering, and customer success teams to produce and update tutorials, instructional guides, quick starts, product manuals, reference materials, and other documents related to our cloud contact center software.
Your goal as a Technical Writer?
You will provide our customers with guidance on how to achieve their business goals in the most effective way using the Bright Pattern product, and offer them an easy access to correct answers to their questions.
Our software handles millions of our customers’ conversations every month, so the impact of your work at Bright Pattern will be huge.
Your duties would include:
- Learning and trying out our software applications to research existing and upcoming features
- Explaining and documenting our software applications in a way that any user can understand
- Studying and editing any technical documentation before it is published
- Using your excellent communication skills to ask a lot of questions
- Collaborating with team members in order to learn about the things you don’t understand
- Maintaining the existing public-facing user documentation
- Becoming familiar with a variety of computer languages and protocols
Requirement to the candidate:
- 2 years technical writing experience (telecom, contact centers, software, or related fields desired) or the equivalent
- Experience writing and editing explanational material, as well as instructional or technical documents
- Note: A portfolio with writing samples is required for all applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, communications, or some equivalent
- Superior command of the English language (copy editing and content editing skills are a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly (strong verbal and written skills)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Can-do, helpful attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and fast learner possessing excellent time management skills
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/or direction
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), web applications, Adobe Photoshop (or similar photo editing software), PDF readers, and messaging apps
Bright Pattern is at the phase where we have a winning, competitive product, and we are beginning to scale. We’re switching gears from individual targeted sales to wide market adoption with shorter sales cycles and self-provisioning-oriented methodology.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company that is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you’ll work in an exciting, fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
Make an impact on our customers and their clients. We are still growing so your work will be visible and it will count.
Interested? Apply now!
Location: Remote or in-office work (South San Francisco office or Pleasanton office)
Information Technology & Services, Computer Software