Bright Pattern is a technology leader in cloud-based contact center solutions. Our innovative software applications help businesses provide customer service to people across all media channels, such as voice, chat, SMS/text, video, email, and Messenger. Supported by top brands, we integrate with the likes of IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, Verint, ServiceNow, and Aspect. Bright Pattern’s solutions are used globally in over 26 countries and 12 languages by companies of all sizes. Our headquarters are in San Bruno, California.
We want you to join our very experienced, highly motivated, and successful engineering team as a Technical Writer. You will work closely with our engineers, developers, customer success team, and marketing department to produce and update product manuals, instructional guides, quick starts, reference materials, technical papers, website content, and other documents related to our cloud contact center software.
You will learn the ins and outs of our software applications, work through new and updated features, and explain functionality and usage to end users in a way that anyone can understand. You can quickly figure out how things work and collaborate with others to understand the things you don’t. You have excellent communication skills and enjoy being a part of a diverse team.
Technical Writers report to the Lead Technical Writer. You will work on contract for 6+ months, approximately 40 hours per week.
Learn more at brightpattern.com.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Maintain clear documentation addressing top customer questions
- Create and edit user documentation and for a variety of project-related materials
- Organize and transform raw data into useable content
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain information to ensure content clarity and accuracy
- Produce screenshots, process diagrams, and other illustrations
- Manage and track the status of numerous documents throughout the document development life cycle
- Develop workarounds and procedures
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within both the product and our organization
- 3 to 5 years technical writing experience (telecom, contact centers, software, or related fields desired) or the equivalent
- Experience writing and editing instructional or technical documents
- Superior command of the English language (copy editing and content editing skills are a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly (strong verbal and written skills)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Can-do, helpful attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and fast learner possessing excellent time management skills
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/or direction
- Technologically proficient with Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), web applications, Adobe Photoshop (or similar photo editing software), PDF readers, and messaging apps
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Duration: 6+ months