Bright Pattern is …
a global provider of cloud-based contact center software that helps businesses to organize work, automate frequent responses, and stay in context of the customer inquiries from contact to contact, irrespective of the contact channel.
You are …
a writer with a passion for hands-on research. You love diving headfirst into complex projects and then being able to explain them to anyone effortlessly.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Technical Writer.
You will learn how to use our product and write all about it. Additionally, you work closely with our product management, engineering, and customer success teams to produce and update product manuals, instructional guides, quick starts, reference materials, tutorials, and other documents related to our cloud contact center software.
Your goal as a Technical Writer?
You will provide our customers with easy access to correct answers to their questions, as well as to write guides on how to implement business use cases properly using our product.
Our software handles millions of our customers’ conversations every month, so the impact of your work at Bright Pattern will be huge.
Your duties would include:
- Learning and trying out our software applications to research upcoming features
- Explaining and documenting our software applications in a way that any user can understand
- Studying and editing any technical documentation before it is published
- Using your excellent communication skills to proactively ask a lot of questions
- Collaborating with team members in order to learn about the things you don’t understand
- Maintaining the existing public-facing user documentation
- Becoming familiar with a variety of computer languages and protocols
Requirement to the candidate:
- 2 years technical writing experience (telecom, contact centers, software, or related fields desired) or the equivalent
- Experience writing and editing instructional or technical documents
- Note: A portfolio with writing samples is required for all applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, communications, or some equivalent
- Superior command of the English language (copy editing and content editing skills are a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly (strong verbal and written skills)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Can-do, helpful attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and fast learner possessing excellent time management skills
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously while requiring little or no oversight and/or direction
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), web applications, Adobe Photoshop (or similar photo editing software), PDF readers, and messaging apps
Bright Pattern is at the phase where we have a winning, competitive product, and we are beginning to scale. We’re switching gears from individual targeted sales to wide market adoption with shorter sales cycles and self-provisioning-oriented methodology.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company that is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you’ll work in an exciting, fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders.
Make an impact on our customers and their clients. We are still growing so your work will be visible and it will count.
Interested? Apply now!
Location: Remote during the COVID-19 pandemic; post-pandemic, several days per week at the South San Francisco, CA office
Information Technology & Services, Computer Software