Every day, more and more people rely on texts, mobile messengers, and video-calling applications to communicate, and so should your contact center. Video calls put a face to the name, so to speak, enabling agents and customers to build trust and receive feedback fast. Even real-time chats cannot match the quality of face-to-face conversation. Video calls come close.
Consider the benefits and ways to use video calling in your business:
- Build trust faster and receive personal feedback earlier.
- Enable human touch in such applications as elderly care or high-end customer support.
- Help sales representatives to select the winning approach by seeing who they are talking to, and how they react.
- Handle exceptions in any self-service POS terminal or ATM transaction remotely.
- Improve sales and customer service consistency, training and supervision, while leveraging call center technology and consolidating infrastructure.
- Video is deployed as part of our rich contact experience for rich web chat and in-app customer support.
Mobile Video Messaging
As part of our omnichannel capabilities, video calling is supported in Bright Pattern’s Agent Desktop application during mobile chat interactions. Depending on the capabilities of your computer and the customer’s mobile app, voice calls may be supplemented with a video channel.
Customers take the lead with video calls. During a chat interaction, your customer may request a video call, in which case the agent will receive a browser notification asking to confirm the video session and either allow or deny the application the use of the camera and microphone. Once the video session begins, only the customer can close the video channel while keeping the other channels (i.e., chat and/or voice) enabled.