Bright Pattern, a global provider of cloud-based contact center software, is looking for a recent college graduate to join our content development team within our marketing department as a Content Writer.
The primary goal and objective of this role will be to raise our profile on Google/search to drive more revenue. You will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to strategize and transform product and marketing messaging into effective copy that drives revenue, while upholding a consistent level of style that elevates the quality of our brand.
The Content Writer will have a unique opportunity to work with key executives, including the SVP of Marketing and the CEO, to develop and create website copy, campaign materials, blog articles, social media posts, advertising copy, and more, presenting it in a compelling way for our customers and partners to create customer demand.
As the Content Writer/Editor, you will:
- Work with marketing, sales and product management to develop high-quality content that raises our profile in the call center marketplace
- Work closely with the SEO team to ensure that content produced has been optimized for maximum search results
- Collaborate on product copy/content strategy for the website and associated marketing campaigns and materials
- Research competitor content to ensure our content is up to date and compelling
- Learn our product inside and out and distill complex information into descriptions that are clear and pleasant
- Collaborate on content decisions with data by planning, learning from, and iterating on website performance
- Help improve and implement design processes for the marketing team
- Be an active and available team player
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and passionate
- Open-minded, adaptable to innovation, and willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent writing and editing skills, impeccable spelling and grammar, and ability to adhere to house style
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- Familiarity with SEO
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Suite
- Interest in software as a service (SaaS), web services, technology, and industry trends
- Understanding of the marketing campaign lifecycle and familiarity with the different phases in the process
- Ability to:
- Work effectively in a fast-moving environment, both independently and collaboratively
- Write about technical subject matter and convey complex ideas simply for a general audience
- Handle open-ended copy projects that may be ambiguous or ill-defined
- Edit legacy content and bring it to style
- Identify and communicate issues and propose solutions
- Research, fact-check, and proofread copy
- Collaborate with and leverage the knowledge of others
- Resume, cover letter, and portfolio with writing samples
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, English, or Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and other word processing and design tools
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams and proactively manage issues
- Understanding of house style and ability to extend it and adapt your writing based on context
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bright Pattern is a fast-growing company that is changing the call center market. We help businesses of all sizes create great customer experiences through our cloud communications platform comprising phone, chat, email, SMS, social messaging, and in-app services. Through our website, marketing campaigns, and partner base, we show companies what Bright Pattern can do, help them discover the features that are important to them, and make sure that we deliver software that delights our customers around the world. Bright Pattern services some of the most innovative brands, including Mercedes, Overstock, Weebly, the RealReal, and many others.
At Bright Pattern, you will be immersed in an innovative, fast-moving environment that embraces new technologies. You will work closely with industry veterans who love what they do and are committed to building the product and brand.
Bright Pattern has offices in San Bruno, California; Pleasanton, California; Australia; Japan; and Russia.
Bright Pattern is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Marketing, public relations, writing/editing
Information Technology & Services, Computer Software